AHA BLS Instructor
The goal of this course is to prepare candidates to teach BLS classes. Each of the learning stations is designed to help students learn in situations that are as close to real life as possible. Educational science suggests that this is one of the most effective ways to prepare students for real-life emergencies. The closer you can make the scenarios to real-life, the better.
- Skills: Instructors need to be proficient in all the skills required for the BLS class.
- Course delivery: Instructors need to teach AHA materials correctly and as they were intended.
- Testing: Instructors have to be able to test students effectively.
- Professionalism: Instructors need to maintain a high standard of ethics and professionalism when teaching AHA courses.
- Program administration: Instructors need to be able to manage time, space, materials, and paperwork in compliance with AHA guidelines.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Overview of Competencies
- Ethical and Professional Considerations
- Faculty Role and Video-Based Lessons
- Using Lesson Maps
- Sample Course Agenda
- Course Outline
- Cleaning Manikins
- BLS for Healthcare Providers and Healthsaver Audiences
How long is this course?
The BLS Instructor course is competed when the participants have mastered the course information. Typically, this includes the following:
- Attend the AHA BLS Course for healthcare providers (1 days)
- Complete AHA BLS Instructor Essentials (Online)
- Attend the skills practice-driven BLS Instructor Course (1 day)
- Be monitored by Faculty teaching their first course (1 days)
Will I receive a certificate?
Yes, you will receive a certificate that is valid for 2 years.
What are the pre-requisites?
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Do you offer this course in any language other than English?
This course is only offered in English.
How many students will be in the classroom?
The maximum number of students per instructor for this course is 6.
Where can I purchase books for the course?
The BLS Instructor course book is included in the price of the course. Pick up the course book prior to the day of the course to give yourself sufficient time to prepare for the course.