AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers
CPR for Medical Professionals and Students. BLS CPR or Basic Life Support meets or exceeds CPR requirements for healthcare professionals and students such as nurses, doctors, EMTs and other health related professions.
Call for the Invest Rate: 90197426
- Same day cards*
- Multiple convenient locations around Indianapolis & central Indiana
- Classes offered day, night, weekday and weekends for your convenience
- Knowledgeable & friendly staff
- High quality and innovative training equipment
- Guaranteed satisfaction
The Basic Life Support course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life threatening emergencies that could occur in their work environment. This video based course ensures consistent instruction which includes instructor led hands on practice to reinforce skill proficiency.
Students participate in simulated clinical scenarios based on your practice type and location. Students complete BLS skills practice and skills testing and a written examination.
Topics covered in the BLS CPR Course include:
- Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiac Care
- Critical Concepts of high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adults, children, and infants
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adults, children, and infants
- Differences between adult, child, and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask ventilation techniques for adults, children, and infants
- Rescue breathing for adults, children, and infants
- Relief of choking for adults, children, and infants
- An introduction on how to perform CPR with an advanced airway
How do I prepare for the Healthcare Provider CPR Course?
You are strongly encouraged to review the BLS for Healthcare providers student manual. This manual can be purchased online at eworldpoint.com
What is the minimum score to pass the written examination?
The written examination has 25 multiple choice questions. You must score a minimum of 84%
Does everyone get their own manikin to practice with during the course?
Generally speaking we bring manikins that will be used by two students throughout the course
How long is my BLS CPR card valid?
Upon successful completion of the course your card is valid for two years