AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers
BLS HCP is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings.
45 OMR/ Initial or Renewal
BLS HCP is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Key changes in basic life support, reflecting new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Critical concepts in high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1-rescuer CPR and AED for adults, children and infants
- 2-rescuer CPR and AED for adults, children and infants
- Differences among adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adults, children and infants
- Rescue breathing for adults, children and infants
- Relief of choking for adults, children and infants
- CPR with an advanced airway*
How long is this course?
The BLS HCP course is competed when the participants have mastered the course information. Typically, this takes 8 hours/ 1 day.
Will I receive a certificate?
Yes, you will receive a certificate that is valid for 2 years.
What are the pre-requisites?
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Do you offer this course in any language other than English?
This course is offered in both English and Arabic.
How many students will be in the classroom?
The maximum number of students per instructor for this course is 8.
Where can I purchase books for the course?
The BLS HCP course book is included in the price of the course. Pick up the course book prior to the day of the course to give yourself sufficient time to prepare for the course.