FSI Portable Fire Extinguishers
Individuals requiring training to comply with occupational safety regulations, or anyone desiring training to improve the overall safety of their environment.
First Safety Institute Portable Fire Extinguishers is a program to train individuals in the use of portable fire extinguishers in the workplace. It is intended to help meet Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) training regulations.
Topics covered in this course include:
Core Knowledge Objectives
- Compare and Contrast the terms fight or flee
- State the need for a proper risk assessment
- State when an evacuation may be necessary
- Identify each element of the Fire Triangle
- Describe the most common classes of fire
- Match the appropriate type of fire Extinguisher to a specific class of fire
- State the steps in the P.A.S.S. Technique
- State the importance of inspections and testing of fire extinguisher
Core Skill Objectives
- Demonstrate the basic P.A.S.S. skills of using a portable fire extinguisher
How long is this course?
The Portable Fire Extinguishers course is competed when the participants have mastered the course information. Typically, this takes 4 hours/ ½ a day.
Will I receive a certificate?
Yes, you will receive a certificate that is valid for 12 months.
What are the pre-requisites?
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Do you offer this course in any language other than English?
This course is offered in both English and Arabic.
How many students will be in the classroom?
The maximum number of students per instructor for this course is 20.